A dental crown in Newburgh, Indiana, is a tooth-shaped cap that restores the health of your tooth and improves its appearance. Dr. Ogle, Dr. Schmitz and Dr. Fickas are happy to offer this restoration to those who have weak, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. If you are interested in talking with our dentists about dental crowns, call Family Dentistry at 812-853-3313 today!
Dental crowns are most commonly used to restore teeth that are too damaged or decayed to be restored with a dental filling. Other reasons our dentists may choose to restore a tooth with a dental crown include:
- Anchoring a dental bridge
- Protecting a tooth after root canal therapy
- Restoring a dental implant
- Restoring or enhancing the appearance of a smile
- Improving the shape of a tooth
- Strengthening a weak or fractured tooth
- Supporting a tooth with a large filling
A dental crown is custom made to fit over the entire visible portion of the tooth. Once in place, a dental crown can restore the shape, size and functionality of the tooth. If you would like to learn more and see if a dental crown is right for you, we welcome you to contact our dental office today. Our dentists and team look forward to serving you and your smile!